Enforcement of Court Orders (contempt)

in Connecticut


If a party fails or refuses to follow a court order, he or she may be held in contempt of court. Contempt is the willful non-compliance with a court order.

A contempt action often involves the enforcement of a child support or alimony order, compliance with an asset distribution order or an action to enforce a parenting access schedule. 

Click here to return to the Family Law section of our site.